FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air stability through summer?
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:20 am
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The NA industry cartel kingpins have also been running fare sales through the summer at least for EU/Schengen-area-originating trips. Some of the August and September travel ticket prices I've been seeing for EU/Schengen-US-EU/Schengen trips are the cheapest, non-flash sales I've seen legacy majors offer for such trips over the last twenty years -- and that's in nominal USD-terms. In terms of real USD terms (i.e. inflation-adjusted), the legacy majors seem to be undercutting their historical prices way more. To some this may speak of a desire of the legacy majors of trying to hit DY with a coup de grace. But that blow against DY and TATL-flying consumers in the main won't happen before the summer is over. And so my purchases for DY flights for August and September summer travel continue as usual.
Great. The 'I remember when sodas were a nickel and candy bars this big (both arms fully outstretched) were a dime' guy is back.
It's always great to read posts from someone who has zero concept of the production cost of anything and babbles monopoly/cartel at every opportunity.

Pray tell, what product does your employer sell?