FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS 653 (JFK-SFO) Canceled on 5/29/2019
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:59 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I suspected, no problems with AS. I was asked to mail in receipts. The agent told me about the $200 max in the NY area. She told me she would try to get my whole hotel bill reimbursed, but, if not, she would reimburse the $200 max, and give the difference (about another $100-$150) as a discount code (which I consider to be a generous resolution)

Also my lyft rides back from the airport and back to the airport (~$50 + ~$80) will be fully reimbursed.

She did mention that the reason for the 2hr delay getting the bags off the plane after the cancellation was announced was that maintenance has to inspect a damaged plane before the ramp workers can touch it. That seemed completely reasonable to me. She did offer me a 2500 mile credit for the wait though, which I thought was nice, considering that it was not their fault.

I'm happy with the way that this was resolved. I did not try to get food reimbursed because I would have had to pay for food anyway -- I was more than happy to get a great meal in Chinatown when I got to my hotel.

Overall, it was hugely inconvenient, but these things happen when you travel, and AS was not at fault for any of this.