FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F meals not catered on 1000 mile flight
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:09 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
F meals not catered on 1000 mile flight

On a Republic flight ex-PHL that was blocked at about 3 hours, just a bit over 1000 miles, we were delayed at the gate this morning awaiting catering. Just after boarding, they had initially loaded the plane with the carts that were wheeled to the back, presumably with drinks and snacks. Then the Captain comes on the PA and tells us we'll be delayed about 15 more minutes so that catering can bring meals for the F cabin that they forgot.

I was in seat 1A. About 10 minutes pass, and the front doors close. I never saw anything get loaded, so I thought maybe they loaded the back and they will later cart those meals up front. Nope. After take off the FA came through and apologized that "catering dropped the ball" and there would only be drinks and snack basket.

So...clearly, PHL ops screwed up. I didn't eat breakfast pre-flight because I expected the meal on board. The FA was apologetic, and of course this wasn't her fault. But more odd was that the Captain acknowledged on the ground, while the doors were still open, that they were waiting for catering and then ended up leaving anyway, I guess that's because an on-time departure is more important than providing an advertised service.

So - do I complain and, if I do, what should I expect in return? The F service fell short.