FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sunscreen, anyone
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:40 pm
HardToConcentrate

My HG face sunscreen is Kiss My Face Face Factor 30. I’ve been using it for 2-3 years. It has a nice texture and even with using 1/4 tsp, it never feels greasy. Of course, your mileage may very.

My husband and I recently checked out the Sun Bus. It’s a program in Colorado, and shows up at different events. (I can’t post URL’s at the moment) It offers free skin cancer screenings, samples, a camera that shoes any sun damage on your face, and a camera that shows how well your sunscreen covers. Very cool!

Their main sponsor is EltaMD. We received samples of their sunscreens and recently purchased their face sunscreen (for him), and their body sunscreen. So far we’ve been really happy with their products. A previous poster mentioned they were drying. So far we haven’t had this issue. Their products contain hyaluronic acid (not sure if this is new or not) and theoretical shouldn’t be drying. We’ll see how it goes!

Currently for body we’re also using Sun Bum. I purchased this before we saw the Sun Bus. I’ve been really happy with their products. The lotion is thinner than most sunscreens, but a little thicker than EltaMD. Husband prefers EltaMD.

I’ve not been a big fan of spray sunscreens. I always use a good amount and rub them in well, but I just don’t feel like the coverage is there. I’ve noticed that I get more sun when I use them. We’ve used the Equate spray and the Trader Joe’s spray. Both have been rated highly by Consumer Reports over the last few years. Again, YMMV!

I’m looking at the Color Science powder. I think it’ll be a great addition for our travels this summer. Thanks for the recommendations!