FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Amenity Kits in BP and PE
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:20 pm
Eltham

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Of course the world has bigger things to be worried about than PJs and amenity kits.

But let's be real. Most of us in here are in a very privileged part of society. We have the money and the ability to make smarter environmental choices. We have the money to bring our own PJs. We have the money to bring our own toothbrush. The people who need more junk less are NOT us and yet we are the ones that demand it and get given it the most.

I swear, there is no forum I have been to with a bigger sense of entitlement than Flyertalk. To see people criticising Air NZ for not giving them PJs, when in reality, those people don't need them and just want them to feel more elite and special.

I get what you are saying, my post was aggressive 😉 and I'll wear my PJs when I am on an airline that has them.

But the more priveleged I become, the more I feel the weight of the responsibility to be good to our environment. When I was younger and had less money, I had to make worse choices for survival. Now I choose more expensive, environmentally friendly options because I can. And it's painful to watch the most privileged part of society say that Air New Zealand should have PJs...
Rather a long bow to draw to claim that your bringing your own pyjamas is better for the environment. Can’t wait to hear your logic.