FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant: AA non revs seem to regularly take the good seats and overheads on my flights
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:17 pm
757FO

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Ok, so those darn, condescending non-revs at it again, eh? Let me be clear, as a frequent non-rev guy on both AA and my own airline, WE ONLY GET A SEAT ONCE EVERYONE ELSE HAS BOARDED. NON REVs DO NOT TAKE SEATS FROM PAYING PASSENGERS. If there is an employee who boards before any other zone, he/she is traveling on official business and therefore is positive space. PERIOD. I'm sure some of you will argue, but I have never seen anything other than this take place.

In 25 years of working for both CO and now United, and 10 years for my fiance at AA, never once have either of us been able to board non-rev at the expense of a passenger. Not once! Further, in all the years on non-reving, I think I was in Business First/Polaris exactly twice. Twice in 25 years. Most of the time I'm sitting at the gate, watching the plane leave, because it was sold out, and hoping the GA rolled me over to the next flight with an empty seat/jumpseat.

(Sorry for the caps, but good lord, this issue comes up way too often, and very few seem to understand the process, or insist it is always circumvented)