FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:42 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Well didn’t hit the lottery. ( what a shock! Lol.) Back in the air today heading for Tokyo. I’ll pass 2 million PQM on the way. Looking at the calendar, it looks like I hit my 21 million in the first week of July. My summer like most unofficially starts Memorial Day. My wife and I celebrated that weekend at Nizuc in Cancun.....at least once in your life treat yourself to what I believe is Mexico’s best resort. Going to Vegas this weekend to see Gaga. Became a big fan after watching A Star is Born. Hope she sings a bunch of those songs. The following week it’s “Stukerfest” ( my 2 boys and my brother) at the Cubs - Sox game at Wrigley. 2 days later , my wife and I go see The Rolling Stones at Soldier Field in Chicago (thank-you United Auctions!!! ) The following day we take off to another favorite of ours , The Pavillions in Phuket (pool villa for sure). Great way to end June. I thank God every day for blessing me with the ability to take my wife and family on journeys that so many...so many more deserving people just don’t have that chance. In the fall I will begin on a project to try to change that. More details in the fall. In the meantime, enjoy the summer with your families and those you love. Growing up in a big family , we never traveled more than about 200 miles from the house until I was a senior in high school and took my first commercial flight (on United of course) to San Antonio. Before that, one of my most memorable adventures was “camping out” on the driveway , in the station wagon with the seats folded down and the windows open to here the sounds of the night. Great memories are made in many different ways. Make great ones this summer.
A bit OT but saw Gaga in Vegas and it was unreal. Go to the Jazz and Piano show (or both) you won't be disappointed. Saw her with Tony Bennett it was like an old school Vegas show. Below images taken with crummy iphone from seat.