FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:48 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I’m at the hotel right now and having a similar experience to what other Diamonds have reported. First off, I find the setup with the check in on 23 pretty strange and you definitely need to get used to the two elevator banks. Check in experience needs to be improved as the wait is too long even with only 2 people in front of you. I was trying to figure out what each attendant was doing for several minutes after they completed checking one person in and before they called up the next person. What’s all the typing for? No upgrade at all offered but when I asked she went to see the manager and “found” me a strip view room. Room is nice and I really can’t say anything bad about it.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant yesterday since I was up early due to jet lag from a trip from Europe. Overall pretty satisfied but I do find it odd that if you pick the buffet that egg orders need to be given to the waiter instead of the woman actually standing behind the warm food buffet station. What’s she doing other than scooping warm options at customers request? This morning I just went down to get some coffee and get a muffin, $25 credit per person is acceptable and at least better than the $10 credit I got at the WA Boca.

I’m here for work for a couple of days so I won’t be spending much time taking advantage of the things the hotel has to offer and I’m eating outside of the hotel all nights. Room quality and service wise I would definitely stay here again. I like the overall quiet vibe of the hotel.