FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16th Time Around (The World) 25,925 miles AC/AY/CX J, AA F
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:14 am
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet

it’s an interesting option. If I keep ALL earning on AA, I will likely hit 200k EQM and pick up the extra SWU. Flagship access on domestic flights would be nice, but at the moment, looking at the rest of 2019, the only domestic flights I have scheduled are JFK-MIA-CUN, NYC-ORD-NYC. On this trip, I should have access at DFW on MEX-DFW-JFK since MEX is an exception. Probably makes more sense to bank the extra SWU.

Where is the St. George located? I’m not sure I could ever bring myself to “cheat” on the Kamp since they’ve always been so wonderful, but perhaps i’ll swing by and have a look next week. Thx.
AY+ is on a 12-month tracking period, not calendar year. So you essentially have 2 years of status if you qualify right away (not to mention soft landings if you don’t requalify).

The St. George is on the eastern side of Old Church (Vanha Kirkko) park, about a 5-min walk from the Kamp. It’s part of the Kamp collection of hotels, but also is affiliated with Marriott as a Design Hotel.