FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi Warranty - First claim ever and denied
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:16 am
bookeew

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
Not a warranty case, but I had a rather bad experience with the TUMI repair service.

One zipper at my Alpha 2 checked bag "slid out" on one side on my outbound (~2 week trip; airline damage case). Went to the TUMI store today to get it fixed, TUMI needs at least 4-6 weeks to repair a zipper... No way to do it in store, or expedite the service. At least they offered a loaner suitcase, but that one was already torn on a side, about 2/3 the size of my suitcase, and they wouldn't ship the repaired suitcase back to the US. Basically only useful if your suitcase breaks on the return home and you have a new trip upcoming that you need it for, but not useful while travel.

TUMI is definitely not worth the premium (anymore). I had much better experience with Rimowa. The suitcase gets dinged regularly, but dropping it off and getting it fixed has never taken more than one week (and that's for 6+ instances). Fastest turn-around was 48 hours from pick-up at the hotel to drop-off at the hotel (this was before LVMH bought them though, so they service might have gone down too).