FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16th Time Around (The World) 25,925 miles AC/AY/CX J, AA F
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:53 am
GetSetJetSet
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
I tried the Hotel St. George in Helsinki on a recent trip and quite enjoyed it. I also love the Kamp, but since my tastes run more modern, the St. George was right up my alley.

If you are going to over-qualify for AA EXP, maybe consider crediting your AY flights to AY+ (or another OW program). Your four long-haul J flights on AY will earn 64,000 AY tier points—AY+ Gold (OWS) is 80,000 tier points. With OWS, you'd have lounge access on all domestic flights (and being NYC based, Flagship lounge access).

On the flip side, those AY flights are great for EQD, if that matters for you.
it’s an interesting option. If I keep ALL earning on AA, I will likely hit 200k EQM and pick up the extra SWU. Flagship access on domestic flights would be nice, but at the moment, looking at the rest of 2019, the only domestic flights I have scheduled are JFK-MIA-CUN, NYC-ORD-NYC. On this trip, I should have access at DFW on MEX-DFW-JFK since MEX is an exception. Probably makes more sense to bank the extra SWU.

Where is the St. George located? I’m not sure I could ever bring myself to “cheat” on the Kamp since they’ve always been so wonderful, but perhaps i’ll swing by and have a look next week. Thx.