FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear SWISS Lurker Lounge Access / Transit Hotel
Thread: Dear SWISS Lurker Lounge Access / Transit Hotel
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:10 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
They won't provide a hotel for you.

Knowing the RAK-GVA flight very well you will be arriving at 15:00 in GVA but only at 22:00 in ZRH?
Is there a reason why you chose such a long layover in GVA as well? 45 minutes are usually fine already, you would have easily made the 15:45 flight to Zurich.
I also wonder why you didn't take the direct Edelweiss RAK-ZRH flight which usually flies every other day and up to 6 times per week, which on some days arrives at around noon making the connection to Shanghai possible in one hour. But since I don't know the date i can't comment further on the matter.

Anyway, in Zurich the arrival lounge closes at 13:00, furthermore as a Business passenger you don't have access to any other lounge since you're onward flight is only the next day.
Keep in mind that the lounges in Zurich are not open over night and close at around 22:30 and only open again the next morning at 5:30-6:00 am. So you won't have access to any lounge when arriving in Zurich, but only the next day. Since in GVA you have to enter the schengen zone for the GVA-ZRH flight I guess you have avisa free passport or a visa for the schengen area. In those 15 hours I'd suggest to stay somewhere in the city and visit Zurich a little bit. Since the pvg flight is only at noon you'll even have some time the next morning.

If I were you I'd see if you could get on the earlier GVA-ZRH flight and have the whole evening available to you in Zurich. Swiss, however, won't provide a hotel for you.