FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflot - missed connection on a through ticket, forced to pay re-booking fee
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:51 pm
Giraffe20

Programs: BA, KLM, Emirates
Originally Posted by Often1
If SU booked the connection as one ticket, then the misconnect is SU's responsibility. However, that is not clear from the OP. "Reservations code", PNR and the like are irrelevant. What matters is the e-ticket number. If this is one single ticket LHR-Ufa, then it is SU's responsibility. If there were multiple tickets booked into one PNR, then it is your problem.

There are several approaches:

1. Depending on the delay at Ufa, you may be entitled to EC 261/2004 compensation as that is measured at UFA, not a conection point. The fact that the aircraft may have touched down 1 minute late is irrelevant.

2. You may have customer rights through the credit card used, all depending on the country of its issue.

3. Your travel insurance may cover this.

4. If you have a UK address, you could start an MCOL action against SU.
Hi Often1,

I'm not entirely sure I'm following what you are saying? So, the ticket we booked has a single Booking code (PNR, right?), and has a single E-ticket number.
(Booked searching London:Ufa on the Aeroflot website) - To me, this means its a 'through-ticket'? (I'm might be misunderstanding this, but if so, I'm not sure how I might be getting it wrong?)

- I have flagged it with the Credit card (Amex, issued in UK) - and they are saying send more info. (I have sent, but now waiting for further reply).
- I live in the UK, so am considering MCOL, but I'm currently going through the first steps with aeroflot customer services to show I tried to resolve directly with the airline. Needless to say they are admitting any error on their side....

The biggest problem is that anything I write trying to defend my position (to credit card co, MCOL, and even aeroflot customer services) is it's just me saying that they failed me on 'Duty of care'. To which they are saying they had no duty of care, as we were late (to a near impossible connection). I can't find anything saying that 'actually, with a through ticket, there is an obligation and duty of care, as per regulation .................'