FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HuffPo: Delta Tried to Trap Its Own Flight Attendants
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:14 am
defrosted

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I really love this site, if any of us were at work, and expected to stay at work beyond our scheduled time without for the most part the option to leave none of us would be happy but since its DL its ok. Sure they "chose" to stay and work the flight but who knows if its "frowned upon" to not have worked the flight and it could put their next review at risk or even their job.

Let's change this situation a bit, if you worked at say a grocery store and at 9 PM corporate sent a memo everybody could see to the manager of said store that said "lock the front door so employees cant leave" we would all rightfully be livid especially after working all day. Then hours later we were given the option to leave work but it was most likely strongly implied you are "not a team player" if you left then its a true rock and a hard place situation.

Just because DL did it does not make it normal or ok as evidenced by the fact that DL even acknowledged all this communication happened and said this was not the right thing to do. DL could have written this off and not even acknowledged it since it was leaked from a third party, the airline acknowledging it makes me think they know how bad it was what happened. Just because it was an FA crew does that make it ok? I am certain (and rightfully so) if this was the pilots timing out we would not be happy.
I get what you are saying, but although not literally locking the door, figuratively this happens in most workplaces all the time. Asked to work overtime and implied you aren't a team player if you don't? Happening all the time.

My point is the news story is the working stiff consistently gets this kind of treatment, it isn't specific to Delta or airlines. Whether this practice is acceptable is not a debate for a Delta thread.