FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egypt Trip
Thread: Egypt Trip
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:07 am
SojournsOf
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by Pausanias
In Beirut, did you manage to get to Baalbek and, if so, how did you arrange it etc. Also Tyre, down in the south of the country.

I'm glad to see people on here are going back to Egypt and Lebanon.
We didn't unfortunately. We had a bad family situation happen so had to cut our trip short. We're planning to get back to Beirut in very early October so will do it then.

I actually think I'm going to drive myself - so head early from Beirut to Baalbek (around 2 hours drive), visit for a few hours, then drive to Cedars Forest (looks like 1.5 hours). Visit a couple of hours. Then drive another 1.5 hours to Byblos. And then 30 mins back to Beirut. Could probably get a driver, but I like driving and if we had the car, we could scoot down to Tyre the next morning or something. We just drove in Jordan and I can't imagine it being any different. Maybe too long of a day, but I've been told can definitely do Byblos and Baalbek together, going over the mountains to get to them vs backtracking through Beirut.