FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grounding of 737 Max - Effect on AC incl OMNI 767 lease
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:57 pm
Mikey Mike Mike

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Speaking up for the east coast of Canada, I do wonder why AC continue to neglect Halifax and St John's!

I realise that the Max played a big role in uniting both cities with the UK, Ireland and France in the last year or so, but I remember the days of a A319 flying St John's to London and a 767 from Halifax either direct or via St john's.

And now - nothing!!

Last night, you could watch WestJet fly Halifax to Dublin, Glasgow and Heathrow on 737-700's.

I realise AC don't have 737-700s, but they do have 767s, 319 and 321 aircraft and yet, they ignore Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. As a national carrier, surely they have to serve the whole country and not the duopoly routes within Canada where they can charge what they like, For a PAX from either city to fly to Europe to continue to be forced to fly via YUL or YYZ for around 10 hours plus seems to place commercial value (albeit with a reduced fleet) over the responsibilities of a national carrier.
One aircraft in the entire fleet would serve both Halifax and St John's and the UK - something WestJet seem to respect.