FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:36 pm
jtet

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Well, as one data point, I booked a room Thursday for a stay tonight (Saturday). 60k points; the paid option was somewhere around $600. Last weekend was BottleRock and surely booked solid so maybe this weekend is a bit of a lull, who knows?

Another data point: I just looked with flexible dates for what the availability is for June for a one night stay. Here are the dates that are not available: Saturdays the 1st (today), 8th, and 22nd. Wednesday the 12th. Friday the 21st. Put another way, 25 of 30 days are available for a 60k points stay. Paid pricing ranges from $228 to $786 (8th). June 12, 21, 22 are not available... consider that in the points availability data as well and 25 of 27 days available for a paid stay are also available for points. On the 6th, a day available for points, the price is $705.

Maybe its a one night thing - works for me being less than an hour's drive - call me "rideshort" if you want. Someone flying in internationally or for whom it is a far ride might be looking for a longer stay with more likelihood that their date range crosses one of the unavailable for points nights.