FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spire Elite Status + Executive Lounge access
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:47 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lipsum
Meh. Check the relevant thread on which hotels grant access. Then factor it into your decision. What does free lounge access or free breakfast help me if an otherwise equivalent Hilton or Marriott offers it but costs $70 more per night?

Sure, the programs which do offer the benefit will sometimes win (especially when traveling on company dime) but not always. You know which program gives which benefits. I'd assume you can assign a value to the benefit and factor it into your decision. It's not that hard!
The problem is the info here tends to be sporadic and with questionable accuracy and it’s hard to find out what you get from other sources apart from approaching the property direct. I will have one stay and if I do not get Club access never stay again.

The CP at Heathrow is a good example, I really liked that property, the rooms were good, the pool is good, the lounge is good, the dining options are good and it can be fairly cheap but it is a schlep from the airport and I haven’t stayed s8nce they stopped giving lounge access staying instead at the Hilton or Marriott options. I also haven’t stayed yet at the new T4 CP for the same reason.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Jun 1, 2019 at 9:57 am