FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spire Elite Status + Executive Lounge access
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:32 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

For me it boils down to this: there are regulations/rules/requirements/standards regarding status-driven upgrades at CP and HI hotels. Some hotels flout/ignore them: others uphold them with varying degrees of rigour. Insisting/begging/sulking might get you somewhere if you are first refused.
The rules are silent on many things, they don’t say that you must have an upgrade except AMB or Kimpton IC at relevant properties, they don’t say that they have to give you lounge access, they don’t say that they have to give you a late checkout (except AMB and Kimpton IC). Similarly they don’t say you would not get this or that properties are forbidden to offer it.

if a property chooses to go over and above what they need to e.g, suite upgrades, club access, breakfast, late checkouts or free parking then that is down to them. I just wish that IHG would increase the mandatory status requirements and make it harder to obtain status but as I said above IHG seems to be the weakest of the major chains when it comes to brand standards.