FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:28 am
earlyriser

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
A couple of data points that may help somebody:
- Upon entry to DAD, customs noticed that my middle name was not entered into the visa on arrival portal online (there was no option for a middle name according to my partner). They called the SilkAir rep and threatened to send me back to SIN which would have ruined the entire itinerary. After a while and a bucket full of tears from my partner, they accepted 1.5 million dong to correct the "mistake".
- Upon return to DAD, we were delayed by 6 hours at JFK due to the plane landing at EWR due to thunderstorms. We missed our connection at HKG obviously but received boarding passes as we exited the plane and were sent via BKK with CX and then onto DAD with Bangkok Airways. It was disappointing to miss 3 hours in one of the lounges but managed to squeeze in 30 minutes at the wing. Hard to fault CX, as this was out of their control.
- When entering DAD, my partner was almost denied entry on her multiple entry Visa due to an incorrect stamp provided when leaving DAD the first time. The agent ended up reluctantly using whiteout on the stamp and allowed entry. Honestly, these two bad experiences at customs will make me not want to come to Vietnam again anytime soon.

In saying all of that, what did other people who stayed in DAD think? The tourism industry here seems to be booming. The service I had at the Hilton was the best I have ever received.