FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citibank Signature Visa card?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2004, 5:46 pm
hillrider
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am holding onto my no longer offered Platinum Select VISA, which offers 2x miles on dollars spent on AA tickets (and that they have repeatedly tried to "upgrade" to less favorable cards), but called the customer care number to enquire on the Signature VISA.

The guy who answered was real bad, but it showed that he was trained to discourage me to get the Signature VISA. All he could say is that it would be a bad deal because on the Signature VISA there would be an upper limit on earning miles, which I don't have on the current one. When I asked if that limit is waived for AA Platinum and higher, he was completely confused and started re-reading the script over and over again. Such terrible customer service.

I called 800-FLY-4444 and also got some terrible service. The person on the phone read me a distorted summary description from top to bottom, including saying $1MM as "dollar one em em" as opposed to "one million"! It turned out that it was for the Citi Gold/Platinum cards ONLY, and when I pointed that out she said she had no info on the Signature card and gave me a customer service phone number to call (see above paragraph). She heard nothing of what I asked her.

Next: emailing customer service for the WRITTEN terms & conditions of the Signature card. Let's see...

Last edited by hillrider; Aug 16, 2004 at 5:54 pm Reason: Typos