FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford {GBR}
Old May 30, 2019, 11:20 pm
delinquentwoody

I just completed a good stay here, choosing this one as city centre rates were ridiculously high.

Have to say I was impressed. Booked a basic king room, received a 2-cat upgrade to their best room (king deluxe with pitch view) on the top floor. Room was very nice, very large (triangular shaped) good balcony and a view of the pitch which reminded me of the Hilton in Southampton. No drinks are allowed on the balcony- though I don't know how they would enforce this. There's no tray charge for room service which runs until 10.30pm although if drinks only are ordered a minimum order of £20.

Ample parking is free for all guests and a tram stop is immediately outside, only 3 stops to the city centre. Be aware the car park is closed during match series -which there were signs up saying this is for most of June though so worth checking before booking.

Hotel has a gym which I didn't get time to use unfortunately.

Breakfast was better than average.. good quality food, more choice than usual, and very attentive yet relaxed service with staff laughing and joking with guests as they went around. The excellent service seemed to run right through the hotel at reception also.

Overall I'd say it's a good great value alternative hotel in Manchester when the city centre ones are either full or overpriced.. plus with it having free parking and the tram access I'd stay here again.