FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Popular Travel Blogger Blasts D1 LAX-JFK Cleanliness and Food in New Video
Old May 30, 2019, 2:22 pm
The Situation

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Paul Lucus seems honest with these reviews. While I'm not always a fan of millennial bloggers as they frequently come across as overly entitled, there are good points about housekeeping and the out-of-date seats for premium transcons. And yes, the first minute or so is an advert for his sponsor (I tried linking a minute into the video but I don't know if that's working), but it's still an interesting take.
Yes he did come across and entitled and overly dramatic, but everything he said was spot on and applies to every DL flight I take. Most of my flights are a lot worse than what he had, but the sad part is DL still runs a better operation than any competitors. The planes are disgusting, the meals are going downhill and getting worse, and often the interior is significantly worn and broken. The airport terminals aren't much better and are often worse. My last flight, boarding was delayed because the cleaning crew had not yet serviced the plane in the two hours the a/c was sitting on the ground. They "cleaned" it in 30 seconds. As the three-year-old sitting near me in the terminal so adorably pointed out, "the plane is still going to be dirty from the last flight." The plane was disgusting. They had not picked up the used blanket that was sitting on the floor from the previous flight, nor the garbage in the seatback pocket, and no I was not expecting them to vacuum the crumbs in all the cracks and crevasses, cuz that just ain't happening.