FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)
Old May 30, 2019, 12:01 pm
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
Good to know! We have never been to the Philippines.

The genesis of this trip to Amanpulo for us happened after staying at Amanpuri. This is our only Aman stay so far. That was about a year and a half ago (many thanks to FlyerEC for her efforts in arranging that stay/move as I was in the midst of a medical ememergy and staying in the middle of the Andaman Sea at the time). Being in a foreign country and medically going downhill fast was pretty scary.

So after experiencing Amanpuri we were determined to find another beachfront Aman despite the price tag. Our experience there was just that good. Normally the highest end places we ever stay at are St Regis. We have grown quite fond of that brand and gotten to stay at several over the years. Normally we never would have even considered something as expensive an Aman but due to me having to move to be closer to a hospital and having a staff that could help intervene should i have gotten worse we had no choice but to move to Puri. I found out that they are experienced in dealing with people needing medical attention so this was very comforting. That stay turned out to be a real eye opener as to what a lux property can be.

We did get some good Champagne mango in Thailand (which are indeed awesome and one of favorite fruits) but my ALL TIME favorite fruit are Mangosteins (which may sound similar to those, but are in fact no way related to the mango family at all). I am hoping to score some of those as well. I could eat my weight in these! Side note on getting fruit we will have 5 days in HKG before heading to Amanpulo. What's the tropical fruit situation like there in early February? Staying at the IC there to start this trip. Then at the tailend of the trip will be at the new GH MNL. Where we live we just can't get the good stuff.

I am really hoping to hear more good TR's from people staying at Pulo in the coming months! We were a little worried with all the negative talk about dropping standards but hopefully they have turned it around. This TR is very encouraging and the pictures look amazing
Think you'll really like Pulo over Puri