FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tornado Warning sirens at DFW 29 May 2019
Old May 30, 2019, 9:01 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Didn't even have to check your username to know you're a fellow Oklahoman! Off topic but this is one of the funnier tweets I've seen in awhile: https://twitter.com/KOCOdamonlane/st...982865408?s=20
ha!

Yes, born and raised just outside of TUL, but spent a good decade living in other places before moving back to OK. Funny thing -- I have been within three miles of a real tornado six times, but none of those times was in Oklahoma despite living 3/4 of my life here (and one of those times was in Oahu!)

Anyways, I feel for all of you going through DFW in this mess. I was flying through a couple of weeks ago when they were in storm recovery mode, and my DFW-DCA flight had a rolling delay for 2.5 hours as they were 'waiting for a first officer to be assigned to the flight', before they canceled. They had a plane, a pilot, and FAs, yet, had to have them sit around for a few hours because AA couldn't figure out how to assign a first officer to get that plane to leave? I even had a confirmed F upgrade, only the third time I cleared an upgrade in the last year. I ended up flying two regional hops through Huntsville AL to make it to DCA, albeit I arrived about 6 hours late, but I did clear the upgrade on the second leg on a ERJ170 which counts I guess....

Last edited by MarkOK; May 30, 2019 at 9:06 am Reason: Six times -- I've been near a tornado six times. I can't believe I forgot a tornado that hit the airfield when I was at DEN