FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VISA Required for Final Leg, Can I start travel with UA while awaiting documents?
Old May 30, 2019, 12:04 am
mozilla

Originally Posted by Often1
Presuming that you are travelling on one ticket and are connecting at FRA rather than stopping over, UA will likely deny you boarding at IAH unless to have proper documents for Nigeria in hand.
I'm not doubting this per se, but is it reasonable to expect that a check-in or gate agent in IAH would be familiar with every possible entry document that exists in the world? Yes, TIMATIC, I know, but does TIMATIC store images of examples of documents, and is said agent able to make correct interpretations of everything that TIMATIC says?

What about outsourced agents in, say, AMA, if that happened to be the origin instead of IAH?

Originally Posted by Often1
UA can be quite decent about waiving change fees when a document problem develops and is addressed far enough in advance that the seat can be resold.
And in the worst case, non-refundable fare rules almost always accommodate refunds in the scenario that proper documentation for an INTL trip cannot be obtained, although an embassy statement is usually required.