FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)
Old May 29, 2019, 11:09 pm
RobUAIntl

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
No prior relationship with US Bank. Went to local branch last Friday and applied for Cash+ Card (to establish business relationship) and Altitude Reserve. Banker really had no idea about the card and was just reading stuff on her terminal and filling out forms. Regardless, Cash+ was approved instantly but had "technical issues" with Altitude. She called me two hours later saying that it was also approved but as Monday was a holiday, both would be mailed on Tuesday (yesterday) with the Altitude having overnight shipping and the Cash+ going by Pony Express. Got the fancy box today with the Altitude Reserve. Pain in the butt to set up for mobile wallet. Put it on Samsung Pay and Google Pay on my phone and Apple Pay on my wife's. Had to call for both Samsung Pay and Google Pay for "verification". I don't know any other bank that does that.

Tomorrow we start working on the $4.5k spend to get the bonus. Wife wants some patio furniture at Costco. Homeowners insurance is due. And some dental bills. That will put a dent in the $4.5k......

I suspect this card is a keeper. 4.5% for travel and mobile wallet for a couple who travels a lot.

Adding Chase Pay would be nice as Walmart takes it on-line, but I guess that's a competitor and won't happen.

Was a bit surprised that their purchase protections and insurance coverages (like rental car, lost/delayed luggage, trip delay, etc) are not competitive with Chase. Disappointing as I was hoping to cancel my sapphire reserve. Now I have to think about it.