FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Chicago {US-IL}
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2019, 8:51 pm
ABlue

Disappointing that they lowered their breakfast benefit, since that was one of the advantages of the property for me. The first time I stayed there I think it was $20 a person, would have been better to go back to that if they felt $30 was too high - $15 won’t cover much on their menu.

I wonder if the various comments about this hotel reflect inconsistencies in the service. I was pretty specific in asking for a quiet room on a higher floor and to not be upgraded to the Mag Mile side to minimize noise, and they were great about accommodating that for both my stays there. The room was very comfortable and I was happy enough with my first stay, there were just a few minor service issues that weren’t a big deal. But on my second stay, I waited until after check-in time for my room to be ready, only to find they had made the bed but apparently not cleaned anything else (half-eaten food on the nightstand, open bath products in the shower, dirty sinks, etc.). Mistakes happen and it would have been fine if they had apologized immediately and addressed the problem, but instead it took me contacting them multiple times as I found more issues before they agreed to have someone come clean the room properly (meaning I had to leave the room again without getting settled in). They did not offer any kind of compensation. I’m sure this was just bad luck and the location would be so convenient for me to stay there again, but I’ve moved my stays to other hotels because I just can’t justify paying their rates after that experience. Hopefully their service will improve since I think the property has a lot of potential.