FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyway to change flight on basic fare?
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2019, 8:35 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Zordian
Going to LA next week and I was wondering if I could change my flight date? (to extend it for a bit from June 7th to June 17th instead of June 8th to June 16th, I called but they said because I have basic fare I couldn't change it, but I am willing to pay money to do it. Any ideas?
Easy.

Throw away the first reservation. Buy a new one. The total you will pay money to do it = sum of the two tickets.

This is no different than when people buy no refund tickets where the airline says: look we mean it - literally no refunds, none, don't ask, don't make us feel bad saying no, but not a pfennig back and no value for it either in exchange, so please, understand our measure twice cut once fare. And the luggage fee and boarding pass fee and seat fee and all the other fees we charge as well.

Then a day or two later people ask here how do I get a refund for this non-refundable fare? I paid 1/2 to 1/10th for it compared to what other people paid to allow them to make such changes but I should be allowed to.