FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat reservation fees increase
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2019, 11:15 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

so fewer than half of the days EK is cheaper than BA? I guess for those people travelling on any of the other 17 days which you could have picked at random BA would be cheaper, and with the saving more than covering a cab at each end.

EDIT: just to add that tbh I don't really have the same concerns as others do on this issue. it works very well for me and has done for years. I fully appreciate that for those without OW status it can be an issue, but with the amount of options out there for alternate carrier they can easily avoid BA if they wish to do so.
Problem is that on five of those seventeen ‘cheaper with BA days’, the fare difference of around £300 or less would barely cover my lengthy transfers to and from LHR (around 60 mins on a good day)..... even if using Jo’s Speedy Cabs - let alone the full limo service provided by EK both here in UK and then also when at DXB of course. And that’s before BA’s hefty seat selection fees are taken into account. Not that I’m directly impacted by the fees myself, but many will be of course.

All that said, yes, fully concur that there are various options out there for those looking for a better overall product than the BA services.