FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)
Old May 29, 2019, 10:35 am
Shadowfactor

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by invisible
Hm, just got a voicemail from their fraud prevention department asking to call back.

I called back. And during the conversation I understood why they called and left voicemail.

When I filled the application online, I used my virtual machine in California, RDP-ing there from 10k miles away , while in the application form I put my home address in different state. Lady from the department was specifically interested to know in which state I 'was' when I filled the application form. After getting satisfactory answer on this and two other questions about my past addresses and alternative phone number, she said that all good and card will be sent out today.

Note to self (and others as well) - when you next time fill a credit card application, please do it from home/office in US and DO NOT do it from a virtual server running on AWS/GCP/Azure because on question 'on which state was the computer used to fill application form' you will have no (immediate) answer.
I applied for the Altitude Reserve while in Barbados for work and I got this exact same phone call. They didn't ask where I applied from though. All they asked was that the Application location didnt match the home address and wanted to confirm I actually applied.

No other bank has ever done that and I've gotten many CC while in Barbados