FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Priority Pass will exclude Restaurants (August 2019)
Old May 29, 2019, 8:47 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
Maybe not in the US, Uber eats in other markets do have a higher different list price as opposed to the restaurant menu price.
And the newish delivery fees/service charges from Uber have made this Amex “benefit” pretty marginal for people like me who don’t tend to order in food otherwise.

I used the restaurant benefit maybe 3-4 times a year at Capers in PDX. Sometimes with my wife, so double benefit. I never “double-dipped” at Capers Market and I also deliberately alternated between my CSR- and Plat-linked PP accounts. Overall, I am not surprised that this benefit proved to be too popular (reading about people’s grocery shopping trips on FT), but it will be another negative factor when I reconsider whether to renew my Plat card next time around. I started tracking my own usage of benefits a while ago to make a rational data-driven decision. Just like the banks