FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculating refund of return only
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2019, 4:53 am
timesnaps

Originally Posted by moondog
I didn't find Cambo's post to be especially condescending. Basically, he read the fare rules you posted in the context of your ideas, and concluded that they won't fly.
... yes, already accepted that I cant get a refund, just added the info for the sake of giving some context. (So did'nt see it necessary to get a lecture)

Originally Posted by moondog
I didn't scrutinize the fare rules myself (because reading that stuff gives me a headache), but if the change fee is only Y1000, that's obviously a damn good price for business class HKG-PEK, and I'm guessing that you will want to fly that route within the next 6 or (less likely permitted) 12 months.
Indeed, but its very unlikely I be doing this route before the expiry time of the ticket (in fact hoping to never set foot into that dumpster of Beijing airport ever again if I can avoid it). Since it states rerouting for 1500 CNY is possible, I thought I ask people in the know here if its possible to re-route.

UPDATE: it was in fact possible to reroute the last sector (despite what some have said here) although only to another destination in mainland China.

Last edited by timesnaps; May 31, 2019 at 12:40 am Reason: update