FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old May 28, 2019, 8:00 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by breyerpatch
Greetings,

I am booking international travel to MLE for honeymoon and wondering if someone has experience with DFW>MLE using skymiles.

We have 800,000 skymiles at our disposal, though, we are trying to keep it to 300,000 on economy (perhaps paying for an upgrade)

Depart: 28 NOV, Return: 7 DEC ... it looks like the best milage is going through Rome on Alitalia (110,000/passenger)

Any ideas for a different route? This one is 41 hours start to finish... looking for the optimal setup.

Thanks for reading
Wife and I did MLE on miles two years ago. I’d try TPAC VS TATL. First find the best operating carriers into MLE the days you’re there and then backtrack.

We flew DEN-LAX-PVG on DL metal with 18 ish hour layover (TWOV) and then on MU to MLE. Just watch out for MU YQ fees and difficult availability in J. We only scored one J seat on MU even though the cabin flew out 80% empty.