FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Kauai REVIEW- MASTER THREAD - mid-2011 Forward
Old May 28, 2019, 6:17 pm
laxsnaogg

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Sold out?

I am booked here 6/16/-6/21, and called the hotel to extend my stay 2 additional nights. They said they are 100% sold out on 6/21 (and declined to say why), but added that 6/22 is wide open. When I called WOH to try using my explorist guaranteed availability perk for 6/21, they said the hotel is sold out (including rooms that were 'reserved' for guaranteed availability); so nothing they can do.

I can live with it (my fault for trying to change plans last minute, and during a peak season), but I do feel this is sort of odd. Any insight on why they would be sold out 6/21 (for just a single day, on a non-holiday;including the fact that all of the neighboring properties all have availability)?

Please forgo the usual FT negative comments. I'm not asking for something for nothing, or claiming that the hotel is playing games; I'm truly just curious, and hoping the answer might help me gauge the likelihood of 6/21 availability opening up over the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

thanks!