FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Lounge entry at PHL
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2019, 11:58 am
TheRealBabushka

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Of course I don't know the contract or the facts.. But I was told that this space is shared.
So for some times of the day it is a ba lounge, where ba books the space, puts their uniform on the staff and books their catering.
At other times.. Qr books the space, puts different hats on the girls and has different catering.. Of course at both times you can use the lounge as ow flyer.. But under different rules.. Because qr does not operate a first class section like ba.
That's why I had to not be able to use the f lounge either last October
I would not take the statements of these lounge agents at face value, particularly when they do not line up to the rules, and are inconsistent with the facts.
Even if we assume they are correct that the lounge is "shared" (by the way shared does not have a special meaning in the OW lounge framework), where we assume shared means dual-operated (BA and QR), the lounge would therefore still fall under the definition of OW operated, since BA and QR are both OW members (e.g. QF LAX Business lounge managed by QF but operated in partnership with BA and CX). Consequently access to the First class section should be given.
This idea of BA or QR booking the space sounds like an awfully lame response by lounge agents trying to palm people off. I should hope they'd be more creative if they wanted their deception to stand up.