FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citibank Signature Visa card?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:48 am
ka9taw

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Question Citibank Signature Visa card?

An advertisement in yesterday's Chicago Tribune featured the new Visa Signature credit card. Pictured in the ad was a Citibank AAdvantage Visa. This intrigued me since I have still somehow managed to resist all arm-twisting from Citi to switch my old Gold AAdvantage Visa to MasterCard. It was my impression that Citibank was pretty much done with the Visa brand, and from previous discussions here I learned that they made more money from Mastercard anyway.

So, I'm trying to find out more about this new card. A visit to visa.com/signaturehttp://visa.com/signature makes the card sound intriguing, so I clicked "Apply now". Now on that screen, we see a Citibank AAdvantage Signature Visa card... but it is the only card on this screen without an "apply now" link.

I went to citicards.com directly, as well as the AA.com section on affiliate credit cards, and both of those came up empty.

Before I waste my time calling 1-800-FLY-4444, I wanted to see if anyone here had any info on this. It sounds like it could be an interesting upgrade. I really really want to hold on to the Visa-branded card, as Visa seems to be more widely accepted during a lot of my international travel. (And yes, I suppose you could razz me for taking the time to post here but not taking the time to call...it's called multi-tasking )