FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old May 28, 2019, 12:45 am
jjmadison

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
On a short hop myself (MVP Gold) with my wife (MVP) were upgraded to first class. Before boarding, my wife was called up to the desk and given a premium class seat because her first class seat was broken. The desk asked for an email address (for compensation?) and we gave them mine. When we boarded, *a* first class seat was broken, but not the one she was supposed to have. While trying to check into the return leg a few days later (which I am in the middle of) I learned our reservations were split, which was slightly annoying to only just learn. None of this is that big a deal but I am still waiting to learn why they asked for my email. Should I expect anything?
Sounds like you were on a former VX Alaska Airbus. In april, AS management decided to stop paying for F seat repairs on pre-refurb Airbus planes because it is cheaper for them to give out apology discount coupons instead. So yes, you should definitely write in and get such a coupon.