FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Lounge entry at PHL
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2019, 8:52 pm
TheRealBabushka

Originally Posted by danboy767
Travelling home this week outbound flight was BA and return leg on AA but BA booking. A colleague (also gold) and I were was refused entry to the PHL lounge. We were bluntly told to use the AA lounge as they were expecting the lounge to be busy later! We did not want to use the AA lounge for obvious reasons.

Now I realise that there are fire and safety rules re capacity but surely would have thought this should be on a first come first served basis.

Complained to no avail and then went to the AA lounge where we paid for our drinks at $11 per G & T. Walking by around 2 hours later the BA lounge was still not busy with many free seats!!!

Called BA on my return to complain who stated whilst entry refusal was wrong they would not compensate me in any way. The whole episode has left me very disappointed as with travelling in Y lounge access was one of the only reasons we booked BA! :-(

Anyone else ever experienced anything similar?
We are two BA Gold members (OWE) flying PHL/DOH on QR (metal & code). The BA PHL lounge agent insisted that we could only use the Business section because that’s the lounge provision QR had made with BA PHL and refused us entry into the First section despite it being empty at the time. Bottom line, the lounge agents do not understand the OW lounge access framework and seem to be taking orders from their superiors on the ground, who have enforced a parallel set of rules. As yet I’m uncertain if their superiors on the ground are equally dumb or merely choosing to be non-compliant. Any clue how to get Waterside to reform these rogue elements?