FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections through Madrid Airport
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2019, 5:51 pm
royal757

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I do actually think it's doable if you know what you're doing but the AA flight will arrive at the very end of T4S so you will want to make sure to be one of the first people off the plane and then RUN to the immigration area. There is an express connection line that should help, too.

As a quick tip, after immigration, take the lift down to the train and then the lift back up after you get off and go through transit security. It's much faster than the escalators. Also, use the door closest to the lift to board the train, that will ensure you get on the first one going up when you get off (you'll see all the people in the know going directly for them when the train disembarks)

this is why I love this forum, people helping people.

I actually made it, right on time but without all the information you guys provided I'd have never made it.

I was the last one onboard and rushed, ran and followed every single step you guys provided.

Soon as I boarded, 30seconds later they closed the door and the jetway was pulling out. The Iberia flight attendants offered me water as they saw I rushed to get there.

Would I do it again? 35 mins international connection? No, not worth it to self-connect in a huge airport like MAD. But hey, at least it made a good story once I arrived in NCE.