FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Crew Not Great? (Poor int’l. cabin crew experience)
Old May 27, 2019, 4:15 pm
Spinstorm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I apologise to anyone I have offended or upset by standing by the door - I will be sure to never do it again.

As far as questioning goes I was questioned at the first class check in about my job and what I do for work, who I work for, Where I work, who my boss is etc. As first I wasn’t sure what exactly the point of these questions were for but once I did I gave her way more information than was needed and she stamped my boarding pass.

I was never question at BA first check in or any of the other times I have flown to the US in the last year; none in business class on BA, none on Norwegian to JFK either. I agree that LHR seems to have super zealous security checks with every fluid you have in the bag and on display and random bag checks which I did see when I was boarding (except when flying BA first it seems as they didn’t even seem to care if I opened my bag or not).

By contrast the TSA here at O’Hare didn’t ask me to open my bag, didn’t check the liquid sizes etc; just put it through the x-ray machine and were done.