FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2019, 12:15 pm
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
4/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.

is this definately valid?.. I have 24.000 miles now in my first 2 years.. like 20 on TK and 4 on other Stars... I was thinking of doing another small hop to cross 25 to keep my gold status..
but i am not interested in flying TK anymore or working for another 13.000 to get 37500 ... what have others experienced? thank you
You must "qualify" before you can "renew". The 15k is to "qualify" - but only for one more year - and 37.5k is needed to renew. (with the 15k not counting).

Of course the 37.5k to renew - within a specific 12 month period - can easily be considered to be harder than simply doing the standard 40k over any 12-month rolling period that suits you...