FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to flying Iberia
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2019, 9:50 am
threeoh

I booked a "Basic Economy" ticket on IB ORD-MAD-GVA, with the first leg supposedly on an A350-900. The booking code is N and the ticket stock is 075.

Expedia says "Pay to choose your seat" (normally I book direct, but it was $400 cheaper on Expedia than the IB website so I made an exception).

On the Iberia website when I manage by booking, there is a link to "Why not choose your seat now? You’ll feel like you’re at home. Get in early and book the best seat. Early seat booking ->", but when I click it shows all my flight segments as "This flight does not permit seat selection".

I also tried the BA website (my return is on BA). It wants me to click through to ibera.com to select my seats on the IB segments. Makes sense. I click through and it shows me a similar page, but it shows me having already been assigned seats on my two IB legs (39D, 28D) but no link to change them or see a seatmap or anything. And then for the two BA flights it says "This flight does not permit seat selection" (that part makes sense, at least).

Is it possible to select a seat for a fee on the IB flights? How?