FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions
Old May 27, 2019, 8:32 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Yeah that's what I am going with, but for some reasons, AS give me like 20ish less mile for my JFK-CUN AA J flight. Not a big deal. I am just glad that AS update award chart to reflect SQ's R fare.

It depends which end of the runway you depart and land on! lol I use milecalc.com. It matches with Great Circle Mapper and may be where it is extracting the data from. JFK-CUN is 1555 miles each way.

Great Circle Mapper shows the distance SEA-YLW to be 219 miles. With AS, it is posting at 220 this year but in prior years posted at 218 so probably rounding. (500 minimum EQM so inconsequential).

Looking at all my AS and Partner flights, they are all within 1 mile of Great Circle Mapper except one. My DXB-GRU-SCL direct flight (stop in GRU, same flight number to SCL) posted at 9170 miles while Great circle mapper is 9182.

It is nice that AS finally updated their charts to reflect SQ Premium Economy R class. Then along comes L....

James