FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2019, 5:40 pm
donjo

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Phone them and explain the situation. Stick to the facts. As it was a reservation made before 1 March, you should still be eligible for CD (unless I have misunderstood it and one had to book the CD before 1 March as well). Award bookings made after that date no longer qualify for that perk. Showing your annoyance using silly examples about meal service is not going to assist you in getting this sorted.
I'm now being told the CD had to be booked before March 2019. As I mentioned my flights were purchased in 2018 with the CD as an advertised benefit. They said they notified affected customers. I was not notified, and the phone agent was unable to tell me exactly how they notified us. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that supervisors do not speak to customers about issues that have already been addressed by a regular customer service rep. This is the first time I am flying this airline. Just seems like an odd way to do business all around. Makes one wonder what other unpleasant surprises await.