FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old May 25, 2019, 10:16 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by escape4
I read lots of good comments about Marriott Surawongse (including from yourself - thanks!) and we are all set to try it next month. I have been to LM before and indeed I like it. However it is not as clear for me as for you that LM is superior to Ren, I see positives and negatives for both. People who care about having a lounge and people who want prime location will prefer Ren. People who prefer a great drinking venue for happy hour (and Prosecco for breakfast!) and the more generous room upgrades will gravitate to LM. Personally I will pick one or the other depending on the nature of my trip, but as stated in my review since I normally put less value on location when in Bangkok I think LM is a better fit for me because some people dislike the location of LM and prices can be lower as a result, but that's just me. In addition I should say that LM is easier for BRG so while both properties have similar prices on average, for BRG users LM can be had for cheaper; I am a frequent BRG user - another reason why LM is more up my alley. Bottom line I agree with you that LM > Ren but the margin is more modest than I previously thought, and I can easily see several traveller types for whom Ren will be better.
Can totally see how it not be the case for everyone. I'm likely similar to you in that I don't care about location in BKK that much. There's so much to do all around that I'll be moving constantly anyways so at the end of the day it's all the same. Also the BTS is crappy enough I rarely use it so proximity to it isn't a huge factor either.