FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old May 25, 2019, 10:10 am
joelliot

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Club, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz President, Avis President
Originally Posted by halls120

I don’t disagree with the above, and I appreciated the UA policy when I was a 1K. But I am no longer 1K, and over the past year I have flown 5 TATL RT in business - one on UA, 1 on BA, 1 on KLM, one on DL, and one on LH. Before 2017, they would all have been on UA. Now that I’m a free agent, I go with the best value proposition, and most of the time it isn’t UA.

I actually think, this has more to do with United selling credit cards with boarding group 2. To the point where people keep saying that frequent travelers have more value, somehow Delta manages to get premium cabins and diamonds on board at the start of boarding. It's posbile that United hasn't done enough to trim the high level elites or Delta is much better at monetizing premium cabins. If United, "follows," Delta as they usually do, I expect that I will be happy as the occasional purchaser of first. Many may be unhappy, but then again, by then, the PQD requirements might have trimmed enough elites out that it isn't a big problem and elites might be something worthwhile where half the plane isn't in group 1.