FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moved flight but now no meal?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2019, 3:53 am
Magic01273

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the "accounts" from BoB are taken rather seriously by the penny makers at BA hence discrepancies of ANY nature are accountable by the cabin staff. In other words they cannot offer anything free from BoB...no latitude I am suspecting...even if they wanted to.
Appreciate the additional insight - but respectfully, that doesn't negate one iota of my frustration. This simply means that BA have un-empowered their staff to the point where they are unable to offer an entirely appropriate service recovery solution to a customer who has experienced both a delay AND a service delivery failure . In fact, that's even worse than had it been just a lapse of judgement by a single cabin crew member. That indicates that BA as a whole design their policies and processes to put profit above (rather than alongside) their service promises.

Not only that but - lets be serious here - BA's margins on the BoB selection must be pretty healthy judging from the prices. Certainly enough to stretch to allowing their staff some small degree of flexibility to feed a passenger that was, after all, promised some food as part of their ticket price.