FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moved flight but now no meal?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2019, 3:49 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Generally this is correct but for missing meals in CE, BOB can be used up to a certain amount per passenger. I think it's £10 per person, but I'm not sure on that.
So they should get something? I was in the queue to board at ALC the other day and there was a lady discussing about how she had received an offer to upgrade when she checked in 24 hours previously. As she waited to board some oik from Iberia came up to tell her that there was no meal for her. His English left something to be desired and so the message was delivered with absolute indifference. "There is nothing for you, it is impossible". She was told by other passengers about the BOB and that the crew should give her the Avios to purchase whatever. However, that is all very well if there is anything to buy. I have heard of flights that have sold so much on the outbound that there is nothing whatsoever on the inbound.

Neither situation is acceptable. In the end, I think that the lady got a meal as there had been refusals by other passengers for whatever reason.As for dealing with a cabin full of people in ET with nothing to eat or drink is a nightmare. Why can they not carry fresh stock in the hold? Is that too complicated to implement with tight turnarounds?