FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moved flight but now no meal?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2019, 3:29 am
Magic01273

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You should have been offered some free food from the M&S On Board menu, I'm surprised the CSM didn't actively suggest that. If it happens again, and the SCCM is unaware, then I would still buy a few items off it, ideally pay in Avios, and then make a claim for it. There would not be a formal EC261 entitlement to that food, which would only kick in on a 2 hour delay on that sector, but I would hope a modest purchase would receive a matching refund of the Avios.
I'm also baffled that something like this wasn't proactively offered. Seriously - how? How, in the delivery of bad news to a customer that their standard CE meal isn't available, can the next words from that crew members mouth not be "But we'd like to offer you something from the BoB selection with our compliments"?

Honestly, this is where BA service really lets them down. It would have been such an obvious (and entirely appropriate) thing to do. Mind-boggling that someone could think that it was acceptable not to provide an advertised CE service like this in the first place, with such an easy solution available.